Crystal Flash provided valuable support to many community events and organizations in 2020
2020 was a year unlike any other in our lifetimes. Like the rest of us, our Community Partners were challenged by the uncertainty of operating in a global pandemic. Despite the widespread cancellation of events and the resulting loss of essential fundraising dollars — our partners pivoted, in many cases utilizing innovative ideas like virtual events and fundraisers.
In a year when the need for vital services was even greater than ever before, The Crystal Flash Team is proud to have maintained our commitments and partnerships through it all. As a Michigan-based and 100% Employee-Owned Company, giving back to the communities where we live and work is an integral part of who we are.
2020 Community Involvement Highlights
• Crystal Flash continued to support exploration and learning through our annual ‘Fueling Creative Learning’ grant. This program provides vital transportation funding, enabling thousands of students from the rural communities we serve to spend an educational and fun day at Grand Rapids Public Museum. To date, over 12,000 rural Michigan students have been transported to/from the Museum thanks to this program.
• Each year, Crystal Flash makes a donation to Susan G. Komen Michigan based on every gallon of propane delivered via our famous pink propane trucks (“Pinkies”). In October, Crystal Flash was proud to share that our newest Pinky hit the road. Based out of our Traverse City plant location, this new truck is the largest Pinky we’ve ever added to our fleet (4,500-gallon capacity), which means even more donations to the cause! Watch for this truck (or one of our other Pinkys) making deliveries in your area or at a parade/community event near you soon. We’re proud to partner with Komen Michigan in support of our mutual mission of ‘Fueling the Cure’ for breast cancer.
• In typical years, Crystal Flash participates in numerous community/county fairs and parades across our service areas. We’re (really) looking forward to resuming our participation in these events in 2021 to support the activities and efforts of youth agriculture organizations, such as Michigan 4-H.
• Crystal Flash is proud to support the important work being done by Safe Harbor of Grand Traverse. Safe Harbor is a shelter program that attempts to create community between those in need and those who are able to help. In 2020, CF partnered with Safe Harbor to provide propane heat to their outdoor shelter (see photo below).
• Other organizations that receive support from Crystal Flash bulk plant locations across the state include law enforcement groups, little league organizations, schools, regional festivals, food banks and more.
To view the full report on Crystal Flash’s 2020 Community Involvement initiatives, visit our Community page.