Your safety is our top priority. Take a minute to review important safety information related to your fuel oil tank and save our Handy Checklist for regular review.
- Your fuel oil tank must be on a level surface. Check the stability of the fuel oil tank legs and surrounding area.
- Check to see that all fuel oil pipe connections are tight. Also, check the tank bottom and seams for signs of moisture indicating a possible leak.
- Make sure all fill and vent pipes are accessible and visible to your delivery driver.
- If you’ve cleaned or replaced your fuel oil fill cap, vent cap, or gauge, have your driver inspect it to make sure that it is properly reinstalled.
- If you have removed your fuel oil tank, notify us immediately.
- If you no longer have a fuel oil tank, we strongly suggest removing all fill and vent pipes.
- Important Reminder: When leaving for an extended period of time in cold weather, ask someone to check your heating system daily to make sure it is operating correctly.